Thursday, April 4, 2013

More technology for the classroom!



Over the past few weeks I have learned lots of new technology. I learned how to create my very first educational movie using MovieMaker for Windows and then posting it on YouTube.  I made a movie that highlights the stages of embryonic development.  I personalized it by using ultrasound pictures of my niece and nephew and set it to the music that my nephew was born too; it made it a lasting emotional tribute to them and the beauty of development.  

You can watch my YouTube video here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UX1NV4pW4

Last week I made my very first WIKI!  This was a completely new skill for me as prior to this course, I had never made a webpage.  That is how I view my Wiki, as my own website.  I reviewed two additional new and emergent Web 2.0 technologies, LiveBinders and Pixton for Schools, as the initial content for my Wiki.  Setting it up with Wikispaces was much easier than you might think which both surprised and encouraged me.  Prior to making my Wiki, I had thought that I would eventually use this blog as my educational website for communicating information to my future students, but now I am not sure if I will use my Wiki or my Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment